Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Texas Book Festival-Day 2

We started day 2 with Jeffrey Zaslow, author of numerous biographies.  I was looking forward to listening to him, but the acoustics in the Senate Chamber of the Capitol building was awful and we were in a back corner, so it was difficult to hear what he had to say.  We hurrried off to have our books signed by him, only to discover I had left my camera in the Senate Chamber so sadly I have no picture with Jeffrey.  I did wait until my books were signed to head back to find the camera.  It was sitting on the floor, thank goodness, so I grabbed it up and headed to the session I was looking most forward to that day, Not All That Noir:Wickedly Funny Crime Fiction, only to be turned away because the session was full!  The day was not starting out well!  We sit down and look at the schedule and decide to go and get a couple of Llama, Llama books and have them signed for Christmas presents.  Well, those books were sold out....hmmmmmm! 

What to do when you can't get anything right?  Eat!  So, we had lunch and headed to the signing tent to see who was there.  I stood in line for several signatures and then we went to the cooking tent to wait for Claire Robinson's session.  As I said earlier, my daughter is a huge Food Network fan!  The crowds were much larger on Sunday so we sat off to the side and read while we waited for her session.  We entered the tent, took our seats and were entertained by her cooking and talking skills!  Again, off to the signing tent for Claire's signature in her cookbook.  We ended the day with Holly Black signing Unicorns Vs. Zombies before retiring to the hotel.

Claire Robinson cooking.


Me with Claire Robinson.  Isn't she precious!(Claire, not me.  LOL)

All in all, it was a really fun weekend.  I look forward to doing it again next year! 
Tomorrow I will announce what books I have to give away.  I need to go through my bags and pull them out so you know what your choices are once I reach at least 50 followers!  I have quite a few autographed books for you guys to choose from.  So, if I have 100 followers on 11/1, I will choose two names through random.org.  The first name will get first choice of books and so forth.  Let me know if you have any questions about the giveaway.  It will be my first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment